Saturday, June 13, 2009

from nowhere to BROADWAY

I just found out something awesome so I thought I'd share it with you all. It really has nothing to do with me, and I might sound like kind of a creeper, but whatever. I think it's cool.

So yesterday I received the seasonal newsletter in the mail for the acting company I attend (for some reason it took me like five minutes to make that sentence grammatically correct). Anywho, it's just a page or so long, so I skimmed it quickly and came across this article. Apparently, an alumni from my tiny, tiny acting company in the middle of suburban Pittsburgh is in the Hair revival on Broadway and performed at the Tony's last week! That made me suuuuuper happy!

His name is Anthony Hollock. I don't know him, though, he was before my day but I might have crossed paths with him at some event.or somethingrather I just think it's so cool that someone from my barely-known acting studio made Broadway. And to top it off, Hair won a Tony for Best Revival. I was so excited just because I love Hair and it's the mother of all rock operas and I'm constantly singing the songs, but now I'm excited for my acting company, which, by the way, is called Saltworks.

Next week and the week after, I have acting camp at Saltworks which is the highlight of my whole summer, the highlight of my life. I'm beyond excited. So, remember Antony Hollock's name (and mine!) because you never know what amazing things the future behold.

Hearing about his success just gave me so much hope. There's nothing stopping me from being the next Tim Rice (an awesomely awesome playwright who collaborated with Andrew Lloyd Webber and wrote Jesus Christ Super Star and Chess and Evita and other legendary show). That's going to be me (well one can dream, can't they? Anthony did...and he's now up there on Broadway belting out "Aquarius" and "Good Morning Starshine" and "Let the Sun Shine" and "Hair" Certainly, that's a sign of hope for me and my amazing playwright abilities) Never stop dreaming (:

Let the sun shineeeee, Let the sun shine in, the suuuuun shine in.
--Annie

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Eeek that is wonderfully amazing :D!
I bet you could hardly believe it when you heard it.

xo,
hk

Natalie said...

That's so cool! I bet you will be the next... whoever you said haha. You will be the one winning the *insert name of biggest award for musicals ever* award :D And My Life The Musical will be on Broadway. I found an entire full of all of the My Lifes today in my drawer and am going to read them asap :)

Have fun at Saltworks! I know you will haha :D

Natalie said...

BTW:

http://ericlovescatsandsoccer.blogspot.com/

Did you know that Eric made a new post? :D

Isaac said...

You could write a rock opera about a modern day moses!

Em said...

Wow thats awesome! What wonderful news!