Friday, June 12, 2009

I totally miss school...not!

My mom has been pissed off at me all week and I don't know why. Well, I knew why she was pissed, but it's a petty reason to justify not talking to me still. I never know what's going on.

Overall, though, I'm pretty happy. I love the laziness of summer; it's so serene and relaxing. For some screwed up reason, teacher's always pile on ridiculous amounts of work toward the end of the school year. The last month of school, I was up past midnight almost EVERY night crafting chemistry labs and formulating creative writing papers. I didn't get a good night's sleep in weeks. Then, suddenly, all of that was over. I went from staying up all night preparing for vicious (I almost typed viscous, curse you chemistry!) finals to sleeping in all day before finally getting up only to watch television. I went from the most diligent worker (well, the top three probably) to the laziest couch potato in only a matter of hours. There is no balance in the universe.

Also, I think I'm going to a No Doubt concert tomorrow (Saturday) night. I don't know why. Mathilda texted me the other day (I don't know which day, they all sort of slurred together) asking if I wanted to go, and I agreed. I am completely unfamiliar with No Doubt--I thought they broke up in like the '90s. Apparently not if they're still touring. Gwen Stefani's still in No Doubt. Maybe? Oh who knows, I'll probably sleep all evening and miss the concert anyway.

Yeah, that's about it. I went to Sarah's house (again) someday this week, like I said, they all blended together into a nice summer soup. (Did I just say all the days turned into soup? Oh dear, I must be getting tired) And yesterday (I think, maybe the day before) was Natalie's 15th birthday and my friend Kelsey threw her a rather awesome surprise party. Be sure to wish her a belated birthday, if you have not!

I'm evidently sleepy and I want my brother to go to sleep so I can watch crappy 90s sitcoms and whatever else is on on TV in the middle of the night. Ah, summer is a blissful flavor of soup--and now I'm just hungry...

one more thing: ACTING CAMP FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS! ! ! ! !

--Annie

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Don't you hate it when parents are like that? I just don't understand :P

Mmmm...I love that, too. It's so amazing. The ease and pure laziness of not knowing when you should eat or take a shower or go to bed. It's absolutely fabulous.

Yeah, when I heard that No Doubt was getting back together I just didn't understand. The concert should be good though. At least entertaining since she's pretty, well, colorful? :P

I'm glad you all had fun at Natalie's party! I just hopped over on FB and wished her one :D
I meant to on Thursday but I was eaten alive by English.

Yay for acting camp!

xo,
hk

Natalie said...

Haha... viscous... I hate how some days you're so incredibly busy, and other days you do absolutely nothing. Why can't there be some balance?! But I'm not complaining... although it can sometimes be a little boring, summer is a milllliiioonnn times better than school.

I have absolutely no clue about anything No Doubt-related haha. But I hope you have fun at the concert!

Yaaaayyy thanks Annie :) It was amazing. And hurrah for acting camp, have fun!